- Dashboard / ►
- My courses / ►
- CCC23-SOMAA-101-75-Win21 / ►
- Class 32: Renaissance Sacred and Secular Music / ►
- Standard Assignment 4: Renaissance Period
Listen perceptively to the "Kyrie" from "Missa O Magnum Mysterium" by the Renaissance Spanish composer Tomás Luis de Victoria.
In 5 short paragraphs, describe the attributes of the musical selection, according to the following critical criteria:
1. RECOGNIZE AND DESCRIBE:
At least one example of each musical element—rhythm, tempo, melody, harmony, timbre, texture, and form—that occur in this particular composition. Use precise musical terms learned in the course and descriptive adjectives. Examples of descriptive adjectives might include: a "menacing" melody, "triumphant" dynamics, or a "racing" tempo. Use your imagination!
Your conclusions about what the composer was trying to represent. [Might a "racing" tempo represent an attempt to escape from danger or dancing at a celebration?]
The composition's emotional value, using language that describes emotional states. Does the music express joy, fear, pleasure, optimism, sadness?
The composition's creative quality: What makes this composition a valuable work of art?
The effect that the composition has on you. How does it express aspects of the human condition? Does the music suggest a philosophy for living?
- Click 'Add submission.'
- Use the text entry box to type your answers and/or upload a file.
- Click 'Save changes.' You will have the option to edit your work after you have saved your changes.
- Click 'Submit assignment' when you are satisfied with your answers.
- Click 'Continue' at the prompt "Are you sure you want to submit your work for grading? You will not be able to make any more changes."
|Attempt number||This is attempt 1.|
|Submission status||No attempt|
|Grading status||Not graded|
|Submission comments||___picture______name___ - ___time___
© 2000-2019 Connect For Education Inc. All rights reserved.