PSY 223 Milestone One Worksheet
Review the critical elements that must be addressed in the final project. Use this worksheet to develop Milestone One. Remember the central idea behind psychological ethics is to recognize an individual’s dignity and to prevent a study, or treatment, from disturbing this.
1. Indicate what data set you have chosen and why. If you chose it because of your concentration in psychology, describe in about two sentences why you chose this concentration. [Recall the concentrations in psychology at Southern New Hampshire University are Child and Adolescent Development, Forensic Psychology, Mental Health, Addictions, Social Psychology, and Applied Psychology.]
2. Describe the involved parties in the data set presented and the question that you can answer by the data.
3. Discuss why the study exemplifies one that agrees with The American Psychological Association’s (APA) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. [This question is open-ended. In answering, you could describe the elements of ethics code the study follows. You could also describe violations the study avoids.]
4. Discuss ethical issues that might arise when you are analyzing and reporting statistical results. [For example, think about not infringing upon an individual’s privacy, or about not wanting the wording you use to lead to unfair or unjust categorization.]
5. Describe one way in which you will ensure your reporting of results will align with the APA ethics code.