17 assignment leadership
- Review Learning Exercise 17.4 - Calculating Staffing Needs PLEASE LOOK AT ATTACHMENT AND ANSWER THE QUESTION IN ATTACHMENT.
- Calculate the staffing needs for the day shift and answer the following questions:
- You have on duty one RN and one LPN working 8 hour shifts and a ward clerk for 4 hours. Are you understaffed or overstaffed?
- If you had the same number of patients but the acuity levels were the following, would your staffing needs be the same?
- Two patients in category I acuity level
- Three patients in category II acuity level
- Two patients in category III acuity level
- Zero patients in category IV acuity level