CMST 100B WORD PROCESSING
PART 2: WEEK 1 DISCUSSION
WELCOME to the discussion for WEEK 1. Please respond in complete sentences for each question, unless directed to do otherwise, demonstrating in your reply that you have read the material in order to earn full credit. Please note that participating in this discussion counts toward your class participation grade.
Microsoft Word is a word processing program designed for everyday tasks. MS Word is the most popular word processing software used today. Microsoft Word is used to create and edit professional-looking documents such as applications, forms, templates, business cards, letters, paper, reports, and booklets by using Microsoft Word.
This week, we will discuss Week 1’s reading assignments. Our discussion will focus on Managing Documents in MS. Word. The topics we will be discussing are:
1. Navigating within documents.
2. Formatting documents.
3. Saving and sharing documents.
4. Inspecting document for issues.
5. Locating and correcting accessibility issues.
This week's Read and Watch covers the following topics:
Create a New Blank Document
Create a Document based on a Template
Open Existing Documents
Open Documents in Protected View
Open and Edit PDF Files in Word
Display Different Views of Documents
Display and Edit File Properties
Manually Save Documents
Automatically Save Documents
Save Documents in Other Formats
Maintain Compatibility with Other Versions of Word
Using Existing Styles
Create a New Style Based on Document Formatting
Add or Change the Background Color
Save Files to OneDrive
Types of Hidden Data and Personal Information
Insert a Header of Footer
Find and remove hidden data and personal information with the Document Inspector
Change the Area of a Document Displayed in the Content Pane
Open Document in Protected View
1. Item A: From the list of topics above, choose one topic or term discussed in the reading that stood out to you.
2. Item B: Define or describe the topic, including citations from the Read & Watch material and ANY other additional source/sources.
3. Item C: Discuss the importance of the topic. Cite specific examples from the reading. Include personal experience with the topic if appropriate.
4. There are THREE items to each response: Item A (topic), Item B (definition and citation), Item C (discussion) unless specified otherwise. When you respond, they should be labeled accordingly.
Minimum Topic Response: Word Count = 70 (per topic question). Your response to each question is required to be AT LEAST 70 WORDS long. If your reply to each question is less than 70 words, you will lose points. You can use Microsoft Word to count the words in your response to make sure you have met the requirement.
NOTE 2: Please make sure you answer EACH item and LABEL each item (#1, #2, #3, etc) so that I can easily check that each item has been answered.
NOTE 3: Please do not attach a file to the conference--enter your reply into the text area provided.
NOTE 4: After you post your response, please review it to make sure it is formatted correctly and is easy to read.