Spanish 160C Essay #1Prompt: 1- Choose one image from the first encounter of the Aztec Emperor Moctezuma
and Hernan Cortes and one from Hernan Cortes and La Malinche and analyze them in terms of their symbolic representation. (What do you think the symbolic message is?)
2- Use the specific definitions of Culture (R. Murphy and L. White), sign (F. de Saussure) and symbol (J. Lacan) taught in class as your theoretical parameter.
1- Make sure that you follow MLA in writing your name, your professor’s name,
class and date. 2- Last name and page number as per MLA. 3- Your title should be a long tile, not a one, two, three or a four-word title. 4- You should have an introduction to your chosen subject as your first
paragraph. 5- Your thesis should be at the end of the first paragraph. 6- Your second paragraph should be a paragraph where you define the theory
you are using. i.e. in this case it would be symbol. 7- The rest of your body paragraphs should be about finding examples and
analyzing them. 8- Your last paragraph should be your conclusion. 9- You must have 2 full pages for your essay component, and a third page with
your bibliography. 10- Your essay must have at least 3 citations/quotes.
Hernan Cortes and Moctezuma
Image # 1
Image # 2
Image # 3 Moctezuma and Cortes descents meet “again” in Mexico City
Hernan Cortes and La Malinche
Image # 4
Image # 5
Your Last Name 1
Title: please choose a long title that is descriptive and fills this entire line!
- Must contain THESIS of your paper on the last line
- Must contain the Theoretical Parameter for your thesis
- Theoretical Parameter: definition of terms/words using in the thesis, citation
- In-text citations: (Last Name, Page #)
Paragraphs 3 +:
- Connect every paragraph back to your thesis
- Use transitional sentences at the beginning/end of your paragraphs
- Reiterate what you stated in your introduction
- Tie in the main points of the argument you elaborated in the Body of your paper
- End with a good punch line or strong statement – something that supports your
argument and that reader will remember
Your Last Name 2
- At least three references
- Proper MLA format
- Use Purdue Owl!