In your course text, Lopez (2013) describes intervention as “...to take action in order to improve a situation” (p.120). Explore the concept of intervention from the information provided to you in this week's Weekly Lesson, Chapter 10 of the textbook (ebook version search term Interventions), as well as the Required and Recommended Resources for the week.
Your response should include one or two of the most important considerations regarding each of the following key concepts:
- Goal setting: Describe how student goal setting can be utilized as an intervention. Refer to Lopez (2013), Chapter 10, p.125 in particular (ebook version search term Interventions in the Classroom).
- Committed collaboration: Describe how collaboration connects with intervention.
- Intervention examples: Provide a description and example of the following intervention types. Include examples that occur both inside and outside of the learning environment.
- Social or emotional
Written Communication Expectations
Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to be sure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion.
- Submit your assignment for evaluation. Include the link to your ePortfolio in the comments box when uploading. Learn more about Folio, Ashford’s ePortfolio tool, by viewing the Folio Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.).
- Archive your assignment in your ePortfolio by uploading to your Folio account. Once assignments are uploaded to your ePortfolio, they are considered artifacts and will be referenced as such.
- Once in your Folio account, select “Add Work.” Follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Once uploaded, add a title (e.g., Exploring Interventions) and a one- to two-sentence description.
- Select “Education” as the category and give it the same title as the previous step.
- Your artifact should now be view able in your Portfolio.