As you have learned in this module, the female and male reproductive systems are two homologous organ systems that developed from the same tissue embryologically speaking. Pregnancy involves anatomical and physiological changes in both the mother and the developing human that are driven by the nervous and endocrine systems. In this assignment, you will examine how hormones drive these anatomical and physiological changes.
- Prepare a written paper of at least 1000 words discussing the following bullet points:
- Describe anatomical and physiological changes that occur at the gross and histological levels during pregnancy and postpartum in the mother and developing human during the following stages:
- Embryonic development
- Fetal development
- Postpartum period
- Examine how hormones regulate the ovarian cycle, in utero development, and the process of labor and giving birth.
- Briefly discuss the similarities and differences in oogenesis vs. Spermatogenesis.
- Your paper should be formatted as a proper research paper with an introduction and conclusion. Do not simply follow the bullet points above, but really think about what you have learned and how that relates to other material we have covered, and knowledge you have from other courses you may have taken. The Research and Report assignments in this course are capstone assignments for each module. You should be integrating everything that you learned in the textbook, explorations, discussions, and lab activities into your papers.
- All references must be cited using APA Style format. 3 credible online sources