Instructions for your #KIR assignments: Rules:
1) Your KIR assignment must be typed and approximately one page (single spaced). You should check for grammatical and spelling errors (obviously).
2) The article you choose for your KIR assignment must be from the primary literature. You may
not use a literature review for the assignment. If the abstract for the article uses the phrase “in this review” do not use it. If you see the word review anywhere on the webpage you are viewing, do not use it. (see screenshot below)
3) The article you choose for your KIR assignment must be dated within the last 5 years (ok, I’ll give you anything from 2015-present).
4) You must include a copy of the article you chose or a (working) link to the article when you turn in your assignment.
5) The KIR assignment must follow the guidelines below and this organization. You should use the headings shown here (underlined) to format your paper: Research Question: What were the research questions being addressed in the article? (do not write them in question form, but in a narrative….ex. “This article addresses whether glucose uptake is increased in muscle cells in response to an insulin signal”) Experimental Approach: Describe the experimental approach used to answer the research question(s). You do not need to include experimental details or a description of the technique used but should focus on the technique used and how it relates to answering the research question. This should NOT simply be a list of biochemical techniques. Answer to Research Question: What were the results? This section should provide a brief summary of the results and describe how they relate to the original research question. Like/Learn: Provide a reason why you chose the article or if you learned something interesting from the article. If you are really into this, answer both!!
6) The article you choose must relate to biochemistry in some way. I will give you specific instructions on what topics to focus on for each assignment. If I do not provide instructions, you are free to choose whatever biochemistry topic you want!