1. Listen to this podcast and write a simple comment. Really simple comment! (100 words)
2. Do you find any similarities between the British treatment (and observation) of the people of the Indian subcontinent and the people of Ireland? Moreover, how does this compare to US treatment of the indigenous peoples of North America?
Please discuss in 200 words or more.
• Industrialization in Britain,
• Patents and Industry in the United States,
• Mountstuart Elphinstone, Indian Customs and Manners (1840)
• Daniel O’Connell, “Justice for Ireland,” Speech in the House of
Commons, 4 February 1836
• Indian Removal Act, 1830